Automatic specific surface area/pore size distribution measurment
This instrument is our high-end volumetric gas adsorption instrument. To obtain useful
information about micropore, it is important to measure adsorption isotherm from
low relative pressure with accuracy. The BELSORP-max is designed for wide range adsorption
isotherm for surface area and pore size distribution analysis. It can measure adsorption
isotherms from relative pressure as low as 1 x10-8 (N2 at 77K, Ar at 87K), using
a 13.3Pa pressure transducer. Also AFSM, the new method for free space measurement,
is applied and adsorption isotherm can be measured with high accuracy. Chemisorption
option enables unattended chemisorption measurement from pretreatment with step programs.
- Specific surface area, pore size distribution, vapor adsorption and chemisorption
(OP) can be measured.
- Adsorption measurement from extremely low pressure (p/p0=10-8– 0.997) .
- Up to 3 samples can be measured simultaneously.
- Fully automated chemisorption option is available.
- Kr adsorption is available for low surface area material.
- Coolant level controller is no longer necessary and high reproducible data can
be obtained (AFSM).
- BELSim, which analyze the pore size distribution by NLDFT and GCMC simulation method
can be incorporated into the powerful data analysis software, BELMaster.
- ISO 9277 and JIS Z 8830 compliant
Volumetric gas adsorption method+AFSM
N2, Ar, Kr, NH3, CO2, H2, CO, O2, CH4 and other non-corrosive gases, H2O, MeOH, EtOH,
C6H6 and other non-corrosive vapor
STD mode (p/p0=10-4 – 0.997) 3 ports
High accuracy mode (p/p0=10-4 – 0.997) 2 ports
High accuracy mode (p/p0=10-8 – 0.997) 1 port (OP : 2 ports)
Specific surface area:
0.01m2/g and above (N2/77K)
0.0005 m2/g and above (Kr/77K)
Pore size distribution:
0.35 - 500 nm in pore diameter
133 kPa (1000Torr) ± 0.5 % of F.S. ×5 units
13.3kPa (10Torr) ± 0.5% of R. ×2 units (OP : 3 units)
0.0133kPa (0.1Torr) ± 0.15% of R. ×1 units (OP : 2 units)
Manifold block oven: 40 ˚C
Dewar vessel Volume: 2.6L
Holding time: 60H
Sample cell Approx.: 1.8cm3 (Option: 5 cm3)
Vacuum pump Turbo molecular drug pump + Fore vacuum pump(OP)